It’s been a long time since I have made a post but each week until the game is fully finished and developed, I will be making a blog post about the progress of our game. Although it’s been incredibly hectic, we are literally working around the clock to make things as awesome as we feel it deserves and we want you to join us for the ride! In this post, I wanna talk about some of the concepts that help make up this game!
- No Mana System: I know this one is a really difficult concept for some people to grasp lol. When I mention the game doesn’t follow the currently traditional model of Mana / Play Points or whatever, people tend to get confused. While this game does have a Resource system of it’s own, There is no automated accumulating resource model in place. The resource system in Chronotis: Card Fighting System broken into 2 parts:
- The first is referred to as [Drive]. In order to pay for [Drive] costs, you are paying using cards in your hand. In other words, if you are paying for an ability that costs 1 [Drive], you have to discard a card from your hand in order to use that ability.
- The second resource system in Chronotis is referred to as [Gauge]. Unlike Drive, you do not spend cards in your hand for gauge. Gauge is gained whenever your opponent hits you with an attack. Because of this, you learn when you can and when you cannot take hits from your opponent. Another unique thing about gauge is that you can use it to pay for your [Drive] costs. So instead of burning the cards in your hand, you can simply pay gauge instead.
- Hand Refills to Max each turn
- Each character in Chronotis has their own mechanics, abilities, and stats. During the draw phase of your turn, you get to always draw up to your maximum hand size (for that character). As you spend your hand to play attacks, action cards, or pay for [drive] costs, you will always begin your turn with a fresh hand.
- Added “Filtering” mechanic
- So during the draw phase of each turn, if you have a card that you don’t want, you can simply discard that card and draw a new card! This is not limited to just your turn, you can do this during your opponent’s turn as well.
- Opponent’s turn interaction
- A lot of digital card games shy away from the ability to have opposing turn interactions (basically being able to do things during your opponent’s turn). We however aren’t shying away from the concept, if anything, we are definitely embracing it!
That wraps up this weeks Blog post! I know i didn’t go too much into detail about the full game play of the game yet! That is coming soon. I just wanted to make this post so that you guys could get an idea of the direction were headed in! If you are interested in checking out the game, we have it on Table top simulator! You can join our discord here: https://discord.gg/vpYr4Gf. You can go there if your interested in helping playtest the game or just wanna hang out with us! This is a very exciting journey for us and I hope you get ready for one hell of a ride!
Oh and before I go, I’ll leave you guys with a piece of Art from the game of our main character Amara Xian!
Until next time!